Monday, February 06, 2006

Busy weekend!

Well we all made it through a very busy weekend. The kids are at school and bubs is sleeping so I thought Id give you all a bit of an update.....

Isaac is now smiling and 'talking' to everyone. It just melts your heart. I could just sit and talk to him all day. I took this pic of him gooing and gaahing at his great grandma on her 90th birthday. She was thrilled that he was talking away to her. He just loves all the attention it is getting him as well!


On Friday it was Nannas actual birthday, we had a little party at the retirement home where Nanna is now living, Friday night it was out for tea with all the family, Saturday morning I spent trying to get organised and get food cooked for the Christening on Sunday, and then went to mum & Dads for an open house for Nannas birthday. Luckily the boys had cricket in the morning, and got invited to friends places to play for the afternoon, so I got quite a bit achieved. Saturday night was at the inlaws for a BBQ with the rellies from Victoria that were over for the Christening. Sunday I managed a bit of a sleep in till 8am and then ran around like a headless chook trying to get everyone and everything ready to head to church.
Isaac wore the Christening gown that my Nanna, my Dad, and myself have worn. Its over 100 years old. Its getting pretty fragile now, and I don't think it will be around for my grandchildren to wear, so Im really glad my kids have had the chance to wear it. After a REALLY long service we headed back to our place for lunch. It was a great day. I had so much help from everyone with making food, and serving and cleaning up - it was fantasitic! We had about 20 adults and nearly that many kids. the kids were all so well behaved and had a great day to. Isaac hardly slept all day, but was just a little angel. He smiled and talked to all his guests and drifted off for a little nap in anyones arms that cared to hold him long enough - wouldn't stay asleep when he got put down in his cradle though LOL. He got thoroughly spoiled with the most gorgeous christening gifts as well.

Needless to say we all slept very well last night. Although I still had to feed my little angel twice and get up and put his dummy in once!!!

6 comments:

Marie said...

That is just a beautiful and magnificent looking heirloom christening gown, Nicole. Wow, to think another generation has used it.

kathie said...

Wow! What a beautiful gown. A christening already! They're growing up so fast, aren't they.
Kathie

Anonymous said...

The Christening gown is absolutely stunning. I remember it from the LO you did going back a few months ago.

Shazz said...

just gorgeous pics of that beautiful gown nic. how special that all your boys have worn it.
and what a truly precious pic of young isaac with his great-nan.
glad the day went off so well for you and the family.

Mel Diener said...

That christening gown is absolutely divine Nac..and doesn't he look so gorgeous in it. Can't believe how fast he is growing.

Nat said...

What a beautiful gown that is!! Jaidyn only *just* squeezed into the one my sisters and I wore... will have to have the Christening a bit earlier for this bub I think. Sounds like it was a wonderful day to add to the memories.

Nat xx