Friday, April 21, 2006

trepidation



It was with much trepidation that at 4.15pm today I made the decision to give my little man his first taste of something besides breast milk. I think he was much more ready than me. He eagerly gobbled down a teaspoon of rice cereal mixed with breastmilk, and looked for more. I on the other hand was still feeling a little reluctant to let go of my totally dependant newborn - but watching him devour what I had made for him, smile and then snuggle up for the other side of mummys milk, made it all so right. I know he is ready to take that next step in his tiny little life, and I think Im finally ready to go there too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole,

Tissue Warning Pls before your type. What is it with your entries lately? You are really pulling my heart strings. Your letter to your little boy was just beautiful, so precious - thanks for sharing. I can never stip hearing how blessed we are to be mums.

Steph x

kathie said...

I have tears in my eyes, Nic. The last two days have been hell here, because J is sooo hungry and I have just been feeding and feeding and feeding him, putting off the inevitable. I think tomorrow I will be joining you in starting to wean him. Our little babies are growing up.
Kathie

Katie Toland said...

Ooooh Nic, he's is so adorable! He really is a good looking baby. I'm glad he liked his solids. It's funny, when Liam was born we were told to start them at 4mths, but three years later they've decided the baby's head will drop off if he has solids a few weeks earlier LOL. If he's hungry, he needs it - unless you want really sore boobs! LOL.

Congrats on the next step, even if it is a little bitter-sweet.

Mel Diener said...

Ahhhh, how sweet. He's growing up so fast, but he's still so little and so cute.