Friday, August 05, 2011

Wish

Star light, Star bright, first star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.

I still wish on the first star I see at night, and make a wish as I blow my birthday candles out each year.  Today as I carefully pulled the meat from some chicken bones that I was using to make soup, I came across the wish bone. 


As children, my Dad would always carefully remove the wish bone for us every time we had a chicken. It would sit it on the bench to dry, and then using little fingers, two people would snap it in half.  The person who got the bigger half, got to make a wish.   Ive set aside the two wish bones, and tonight I will share this little story with my little ones, and two lucky people will get to make a wish of their own.  Anyone that misses out can always go wish on a star ;)

0 comments: